Zimbra a much renounced word in world of webhosting can be explain as ZCS that is Zimbra Collaboration Suite, which is a collaborative software suite comprise of email server and web client. The Zimbra Collaboration Suite was first released in 2005. We have two version of Zimbra available,
- Open-source version.
- Commercially supported version (“Network Edition”) with closed-source components such as a proprietary Messaging Application Programming Interface connector to Outlook for calendar and contact synchronization.
Zimbra email services are compatible with all types of operating systems. It is absolute spam and virus free email solution. Today Zimbra Email Collaboration is being trusted by 100s of Millions of People.
Advantages of Zimbra
1) Low cost compared to other email collaboration services
2) Provides browser-based AJAX interface for clients
3) Compatible with Windows Outlook & Thunderbird
4) High security with robust spam and virus protection
5) Provides Mobile access for every platform
6) Data synchronization is possible
7) Provides Email backup and Restore
- External DNS server with both A and MX valid records to point to your Zimbra mail server IP Address
- Clean installation of CentOS 7 without any mail, databases, LDAP, DNS or
httpservers up and running
- Static IP Address assigned to
- Firewall should be disabled or to be allowed for all Zimbra ports
Zimbra Version zcs-8.6.0_GA_1153.RHEL7_64.20141215151110
Operating System: Cent OS Linux 7 (Core), 64-bit
RAM: 4 GB (Recommended 8 GB)
CPU: 2.0 GHZ (min)
Hard Disk: 30 G
At least 5 GB Free Space on /opt
Newly launched Zimbra 8.8 is Easier, Faster, Stronger, Safer
and smarter, it is known as most robust version of Zimbra ever.
Below are some of the feature which can be
clearly seen between previous Zimbra Releases and Zimbra Collaboration 8.8